WCL has adopted II Maintenance of "Quality of Coal supplies" and "Customer satisfaction" as the key result areas.
The following steps are being taken in this direction :
- Ensuring RIGHT Grade:
- By following right mining practices for eliminating extraneous material getting mixed with good quality coal.
- By adopting beneficiation methods like picking of shales & stones.
- By Sampling & Analysis through independent agency at loading / Unloading points.
- Ensuring RIGHT Size: By creating sufficient crushing & optimization of blasting.
- Ensuring RIGHT Weight: 100% weighment through Electronic Weigh-bridges with printout facility and introducing computer at all weigh-bridges.
- Ensuring supply at RIGHT Time:
- By providing uninterrupted loading at sidings with proper loading capacity augmentation & maintaining sufficient Stocks at sidings with effective liaison with railways.
- Constant liaisoning is maintained with all the customers and feedback is collected from them.
- Prompt actions are taken on the complaints received.
- Regular consumer meets are held where all major & small consumers are invited to ventilate their views freely and suggestions are accepted and evaluated for implementation.